Views
Helpful
Replies

How to determine maximum number of concurrent users on SnS

Martin Gathara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running SnS v.5.2.1. Does anyone know how to determine the maximum number of concurrent(not cummulative) users the system has handeld during a particular period.

4 Replies 4

Martin Gathara
Level 1
Level 1

This seems to be a hard one.

Martin,

Unfortunately, there is not away to view or find out your "concurrent" users or "concurrent" usage.  Using the reporting functions in SnS you can get reports on unique visitors for a specific range.  This may come in the future as a feature enhancement but I am not aware of this being on the roadmap at this time.

Cheers!

T.

HI,

Thanks for your reply. I was intrested in this stats because we have a 1000 user licence(according to the patner). Whenever we have a major live event on SnS, users get an error saying "Connection to video server failed" So i was looking for a way of establishing if we had exceeded 1000 concurrent users at that particular instance.

See Image attached.

Martin,

If you want to monitor the number of concurrent users that are logged in to SnS in you may also use SNMP to do that. However if two users are logged in using the same user ID the MIB will indicate only one. Similarly it won't indicate users that didn't log in to the SnS.

If that works for you, keep in mind that you would need to enable SNMP in the DMM and then pool information from the DMM IP and not the SnS IP.

You will find the number of active SnS user IDs logged to the system in the following OID on CISCO-DIGITAL-MEDIA-SYSTEM-MIB (ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/):

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoDigitalMediaSystemsMIB.ciscoDmsMonitorMIBObjects.cdmsUserGroup.cdmsNumActiveVpUsers

I hope this helps,

Fabio Bergamo

Cisco TAC