cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get CDR report?

yshraybman
Level 4
Level 4

I'd like to get a simple CDR report for a particular phone, just outgoing/incoming calls and duration.

When I go to User Reports->Bills and select desired user/extension it only shows outgoing calls.

When I do CDR->Serach->By User/Extension and Send Report, it sends the report in unreadable .txt format.

Is there another way to get report in readable format?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Thanks for reply. This document has no helpful info. I read it many times. If I missing something can you please point to the solution? Thanks.

Has anyone responded to this question? I have the exact same problem: I am fairly new to CM, and the docs on CDR are very poor - actually, beyond poor!

I need a very simple report: Outgoing call details on a SINGLE extension. This is a phone in a conference room, there is no "user" associated with it. But I can't find any reports at all with this seemingly obvious capability! The problem is, we have had a number of 911 calls made from the phone, and I need to know when/where/how.

The link provided in a previous post just points to the installation and configuration docs. There doesn't seem to be anything regarding this type of report. Please help!!!

I'm not an expert, or even a novice...but I know this to be true. You can configure CM to conference you in if someone dials 911. I am pretty sure there is a way to do this, but do not know how. Then you could jump up and catch the guy red handed.

You can get simple CDR report for single extension by logging in to CDR web interface and select CDR->Search->By User/Extension. It will show placed/received calls for that extension.

Built-in CDR capabilities are very limited. 3rd party CDR reporting are needed if you would like better reporting capabilities.

We actually send 911 to a dedicated extension which rings at our Security desk and then forwards to 911. That way we have a trace. But doing conference would be a LOT better, if anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I export the data from the CDR database and then import it into Microsoft Access using the SQL Server Enterprise Manager. It's a manual process, and a little cumbersome, but for 5 minutes' work once a month you wind up with all the data in a format you can work with, for billing, call tracing, load analysis, etc. If you'd like a detailed explanation, e-mail me at mfa(at)crec.ifas.ufl.edu.

I have thought about doing that, but didn't really want to take the time to figure out the schema... If you have already figured it out it would be great info!

I will e-mail you with the request, thanks for the reply.

There's not much of a schema for CDRs. There's a pretty good description of the CDR format at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/vpdd/cdd/4_1/4_1_3/cdr413.htm,

with other similar docs for earlier releases. For most simple issues I just make a quick change to one of my stock Access queries and I can usually answer anything pretty quickly.