Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group Configuration

a.pinheiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured a hunt group in my CCM 3.3.3. The hunt group has 4 members and I had to configure in every directory number the option "forward no answer" pointing to the "Pilot point".

The functionality of the hunt group is ok but I would like to know if it was indeed necessary configure the "forward no answer" option in order the "hunt group" works fine.

I am asking because whithout configure "forward no answer" I dialed the "Pilot point" number and the extensions on the hunt group did not ring.

Thanks,

Antonio

5 Replies 5

paul.alvarez
Level 4
Level 4

The DNs in your huntgroup should not be pointing back to the Pilot Point Number. If the DNs in your hunt group are actual DNs, not CTI ports, then you can restart the TCD service to effect the changes. If they are CTI ports, make sure you have always route member checkbox checked.

The hunt group members are indeed DNs and I restarted the TCD but when I dialed to the pilot point # without configure the "forward no answer" pointing to the Pilot Point number only the first hunt group member ringed.The call was not routed among the others members.

That may be true on the 3.3.3 that you have to set CFNA and CFB to the next group. With 4.01 es 24, all you got to do is put in the members. No need to set CFNA and CFB. You also need to add a cti port that goes to voicemail directly so that if all members in the huntgroup are busy or unavailable, the call goes to VM. Good luck!

Paul,

Thank you for all clarification.

Antonio

ecclescf
Level 1
Level 1

In order for the call to step through the members of the hunt group, you need to setup "forward no answer" to the next hunt group member. It may also be worth setting up "forward on busy" but you will have to be careful if the users have voicemail.

You will also need to decide what you want to do after the last number in the hunt group has been reached, eg. send to voicemail or you could send this back to the pilot point to step through again.

Hope this helps

Chris