Views
Helpful
Replies

I get Busy tone (Meet-Me)

omendieta77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I've created a Meet-me number pattern 5555. When I press New Call, Meet-Me-->5555 the phone is ready to Conference, but when another phone dials 5555 to join the conference I get Busy Tone.

I'm running CCM v 3.3.4, sr2 on MSC7815 3.0.

I've checked the regions, Device Pools, and MRGL.

Any suggestions??

8 Replies 8

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

If you have configured a partition for the Meet-Me number, that partition need to be listed in the CSS of the second caller. Does your phone and the second phone have the same CSS ? Also did you create a software conference bridge and list it under a MRG and MRGL ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I've created a partition for Meet-Me Number which is Internal, and the CSS on every phone is the same, and contains the partition Internals. I have to software conference bridge, one for publisher and another for subscriber. both of them are added to the MRG and MRGL and it's applied to the Device Pool "default"that is configured for every phone.

I think that it's something related to Conference Bridge, but I don't know what! :(

Is your conference bridge working ? Can you conference 3 phones together with the existing setup ? Also are all the phones in question in the same region ? Note that software bridges can only do g711 calls.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Also go to service parameter and choose ip voice media stream and make sure under conference bridge "Run Flag" is set to true.

See is the conference bridge is registered with callmanager.If not try to reset the conference bridge and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Radhika

Actually I'm able to make a conference between 3 or mor phones. and the region is de default..g711

jerake
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem, same CCM version, just upgraded.

Did anyone find a solution to this?

TMH

Actually, I answered my own question. It's a known bug in the 3.3(4)sr2 software, CSCef31264.

From the bug toolkit:

Symptom

Call Into Meet-me fails after it has been setup

Condition

If Meet-me DN is configured as a single DN e.g 5701, 4301, etc and is put in a

partition, the users attempting to access the meet-me conference will receive

reorder tone.

Workaround

1. Remove the Meet-Me DN from a partition and put it in NONE Partition

OR

2. Configure a Meet-Me Range e.g 570x, 430x and so forth and the range can be

put in a partition

TMH

Well, thanks.

I didn't know about this bug, but this answer solved my problem.

Thanks a lot.

OME