cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Implementation Documentation

tarkinkl1
Level 1
Level 1

We recently completed a move which included implementing Cisco VoIP.

Our integrator did not live up to our expectations to say the least.

The final issue I’m trying to resolve with them is the documentation of the implementation.

They sincerely believe printing the router configs and the Cisco manuals off the web are adequate documentation for our fairly complex setup.

I would really appreciate anyone who has implemented any brand of VoIP, even better Cisco, to share what was delivered to them at the completion of the project. Even a Table of Contents would be acceptable. We are willing to sign any NDA’s to see this if you are willing.

I’m looking for ammunition for a meeting next week of all the parties involved.

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I work for a Cisco partner, so I am kinda on the enemy side of yours LOL..Well we typically deliver the following,

1. Phone number/user mappings

2. QOS config documentation for switches and routers (if IPT over wan)

3. A brief overview of CM and Unity upgrade procedures, OS updates etc (Typically the same documents from Cisco website)

4. Detailed spreadsheet with all IP addresses, passwords, etc.

5. Visio diagrams of the network.

6. Phone user guides, Voice mail user guides, Phone admin guides..etc..

Typically you cannot expect documentation for every single command that has been keyed into the router or switch unless you have paid for that many number of hours worth of documentation. Cisco's manuals are very detailed and do cover almost every possible scenario that an IP Telephony implementation can have.

HTH

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus