cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Implementing AAR

shimebaugh
Level 1
Level 1

Attempting to implement AAR for a CCM 3.3.3-PBX H323 Gateway. Get the "not enough bandwidth" message when attempt to call.

Implemented a location for the H323 Gateway. Set the bandwidth to 40kbps so it would fail with the "not enough bandwidth" message when a G711 call is made. Call works fine when I increase the bandwidth to 80kbps.

To implement AAR, did the following:

1) Created a AAR group called "Paris" with the appropriate digits to prepend to the 4 digit dial pattern

2) Assigned the Paris AAR group to the H323 gateway which is the legacy PBX.

3) Added a CSS for AAR Calling Search Space in the Inbound Calls section

4) Reset the gateway

5) Set Automated Alternate Routing to TRUE under Enterprise Parameters.

CCM traces don't give any clues as to why AAR isn't working.

Did I miss something in implementing AAR?

3 Replies 3

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I am not sure this is going to work.The reason being AAR uses " external phone mask on the phones.for routing decision b/w the locations.When the wan does not have sufficient bandwidth and if AAR is enabled in a pure AVVID enviroment ,Callmanager looks at the called number external phone mask and prefixes with the prefix that is programmed in the AAR group programming and uses AAR calling serach space to dial out using PSTN.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika

Radhika:

The process you describe sounds just like what I want to do. If there's not sufficient bandwidth to the H323 gateway, use the prepend the digits and dial out using the PSTN.

Are you saying there's a difference between using AAR to a gateway verus to an IP phone?

Hello,

Yes a little bit.On the phones you need to program the external phone mask and ot on the gateways.But what I meant was AAR working really depends on the extenal phone mask programed on the phones infact the called number extenal phone mask.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika