Views
Helpful
Replies

Import all Phone, CTI ports, CTI route points and route patterns

m.taljaard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a broken SQL database. I have a TAC case open for this, but it is taking time to solve. I am currently rebuilding the CallManager on another CM.

Under the route plan>route plan report, I have selected view in a file.

This list is in a .CSV fomat. Is there a way of importing this list into my new CM?

I have tried BAT, but the field format is different and the with BAT I can only import the Phones and CTI ports.

What about all the route patterns, Call pickup, conference and translation patterns?

Or can I extract this info from the SQL DB?

Please help

Thanks

Marius

4 Replies 4

gary.shaw
Level 1
Level 1

Being able to import a dial plan of route patterns from .csv etc would be very nice, but I dont think such an option exists Im afraid.

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure of any way to do this at the current time. The only thing BAT gets you is phones, users, and some gateways. I don't know of anything thing that does route patterns. Here is are the release notes for all the things BAT supports.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/admin/bulk_adm/relnote/bat421rn.htm

I did not think the route plan report gave you phones and cti ports. If you have a backup and name the new machine the same name as the old one then you can restore a backup on the new machine.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Hi

Tanks for the reply.

I have backups, but they all have the database problem. No backup is available without the database problem.

I have now done import of all the phone informaion into BAT and exported it to .csv files, but when I run this a file with 60 entries will only configure 20 to 30 and without indicating any error will stop. Is this a known problem?

If you view the output of the route plan>route plan report then click on view in file, you do get all the phone and CTI ports in the report. I would like to import all this information in some format.

Kind regards

Marius

Hi

Bat import works for my phones. I had a problem with the PickUPGroups number, but found that the problem was related to the PickUPGroups not being configured on the CM. I added them and ran the files again, and all worked.

Thanks for your replies.

I will enter the CTI ports via BAT and then do the gateways and Route points manually, unless you have any great idea's about doing that through some tool.

Cheers

Marius