Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Caller ID Name Displayed On Cisco Ip Phones

w4rpm
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I have been battling an issue with inbound caller id name display on our phones. I have been searching for a definitive guide on the required configuration steps to get it done, without much success. So here's what I have. We are using a 2651XM-V with a single PRI, Ni2. IOS we are currently running is 123-8.T5 on that router. We are using call manager ver 3.3(4). The telco provider assures us that they are delivering name as well as number on the PRI.

I'm not sure that this is possible when using H323, as I know it's good via MGCP. Any info that you all can provide will be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

4 Replies 4

efisher
Level 1
Level 1

Can you provide your h323 configs

I e-mailed you the config.

Thanks for looking at it and providing your feedback.

Thanks,

Rich

My understanding is that the MGCP gateways get the Name Delivery in the Facilities IE of Q.931, and the H.323 gateways only look in the Display IE (and they may also only do that when set up as an inter-cluster trunk)

tgonter
Level 1
Level 1

run debug isdn q931. If the Telco is passing Caller name, you'll see it in the debug results.

If it's there the next thing to check are your settings on your PRI config under MGCP gateway.

Look for these parameters.

Called party IE number type unknown* - National

Calling party IE number type unknown* - National

Called Numbering Plan* --- ISDN

Calling Numbering Plan* - ISDN

By default they're set up for CallManager.

Experiment with National and ISDN.

Check your IE Display boxes also.

PRI Protocol Type Specific Information

Display IE Delivery

Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound

Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Inbound