cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound voice loss

DSJONES10
Level 1
Level 1

We're experiencing loss of voice inbound approx. once every 7 or so days. Initially it was once every 2 hours, however we have progressively updated the gateway and instrument code until this current statistical performance.

The gateway is a 3745 running 12.2(15)T5 the instruments are 7960 & 7940 with a load file of P00305000101. The break in the in-bound voice session is greater than 5 seconds.

Anyone suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when this happens, hit the ? (or i) button twice on the phone and see what the call stats say about rx packets. Also check and see if any routing changes are taking place at the time of the output.

Thanks for your response, I have QRT active and being used, I also have SDL & CCM trace files active, there are no obvious issues.

I've also used CAPRIPPER & experimented with the Cisco RTPPARSER.DLL but find the Microsoft RTP parser better.

Overall it appears to be an IP phone and or gateway based problem - I'm waiting for newer code as the common theme appears to be call break-up in the last two phone code revision as well as gateway code.