Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating Siemens ISDX and Call Manager

m-constantine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have a query regarding integration between Call Manager and a Siemens ISDX 3000. Does anyone have any tips/information on this subject? Will the PBX support Q931 signalling, or does it only do QSIG (in which case what is the best QSIG->Q931 converter)? Is there a list of features which will be supported/lost?

Thanks for any replies to this post.

Regards

Mike

4 Replies 4

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Mike,

Don't know about the isdx as it's all software version dependant, but on the Q.Sig/Q.931 convertor, don't bother. If you run a 2600 in H.323 mode you can set the protocol to Q.Sig. You only have to use Q.931 if you want to use MGCP, however it is so much easier to use H.323.

(that last statement is sure to start arguments between the h.323 - MGCP supporters).

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know the minimum software version needed on the ISDX?

Regards

Mike

wom
Level 1
Level 1

Mike

The iSDX does support QSIG on a DLI, but make sure you've got the software activated for it. I'm still trying to get this to work using a 2621 with VWIC-1MFT-E1 blade.

What does work though is a DLI configured for DPNSS on the iSDX and converting to QSIG through a Westell iQ2000.

Q931 is also supported on the iSDX but bear in mind there will be fewer features than DPNSS/QSIG.

ronnieuofc857
Level 1
Level 1

paul.harrison wrote:

Mike,

Don't know about the isdx as it's all software version dependant, but on the Q.Sig/Q.931 convertor, don't bother.  If you run a 2600 in H.323 mode you can set the protocol to Q.Sig.  You only have to use Q.931 if you want to use MGCP, however it is so much easier to use H.323.

(that last statement is sure to start arguments between the h.323 - MGCP supporters).

Paul

I got more deep understanding about this part, It helps me out of the problem, It's very valuable, Thanks for your effort!