cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator and Bluetooth Headsets

jourada
Level 1
Level 1

What are people's general experience with these with IPC?

I have used a Motorola one and consistently the remote user gets echo. I am going to try one by Jabra.

Are there any recommendations that anyone has?

Thanks,

-jo

3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Some are good for low latency audio, which is required for telephone calls, while others (including common Bluetooth devices) cannot be used in very low latency modes. The resulting audio sounds consistently jittery, with frequent pops and clicks.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/prod_release_note09186a00802950cf.html#wp1060106

I'm using a Jabra BT 200 on my laptop without any real problems. I built an adapter that plugs into the speaker and mic jacks on the laptop and then my universal remote for the headset plugs into that adapter.

Every once in a while I'll get a slight echo or clicks and pops, but it still works. I also use the Plantronics DSP USB headset with good results.

Lee

That is an interesting solution. I just received the BT250 and will try it out. I am planning on using a bluetooth usb adapter from belkin. It comes with software that allows a headset to associate directly with the PC.

-jo