cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Hoot and Holler conference bridge

jrhofman
Level 1
Level 1

I need to configured 3 IP Phones utilizing (Call Maanger) sort of Bat Phone Bridge.

Option I:

When any one of the 3 phones is picked up the other 2 phones ring and as they are picked up they get put into a conference bridge.

Option II:

Pick up any one of the 3 phones and hit a soft Key which will ring the other 2 phones and all are in a conference bridge as they are picked up.

I was told this can be done with CM 4.x but can't figure out how.

Any Ideas?

2 Replies 2

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The quick & easy way would be to create shared lines for each pair of phones and create a NULL translation pattern that will dial the ext. shared line of the other two phones.

Also you can utilize the CCM SDK to create an application that will multicast or Unicast to given phones. This is supported by Cisco Developer Support.

Mike

We thought about a shared line on all three phones. However, this would still not put them into a three way bridge would it? Caller 1 hits the speed dial and phone 2 & 3 ring. As soon as phone 2 picks up the call is complete, phone 3 is out unless they barge into the conversation manually.

I have seen some articles on Cisco IP multicas Hoot n Holler with routers and Analog phones (I'm assuming) but can't find any detained documents on it.