cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a migration tool from CUCM version 4.x to 10.x?

dbaker85749
Level 1
Level 1

I'm moving a 4.3 verison on an HP box to a BE6K version 10.

Is there a migration tool out there?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you are coming from that far back a version it really doesn't make sense to have a tool. Cisco PCD will not support such an old version and besides dial plan practices and other best practice guidelines have changed since the 4.x days. Best to build the new cluster from scratch and use BAT and AXL tools or PRIME and build it as per current best practices. No point in bringing in data that could be stale or doesn't follow best practices.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

I recommend you also post this to the Cisco Support Community for additional information and feedback. In addition, you may find the answer you are looking for there.

Cisco Support Community

I hope this helps. Thank you for participating in the community.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you are coming from that far back a version it really doesn't make sense to have a tool. Cisco PCD will not support such an old version and besides dial plan practices and other best practice guidelines have changed since the 4.x days. Best to build the new cluster from scratch and use BAT and AXL tools or PRIME and build it as per current best practices. No point in bringing in data that could be stale or doesn't follow best practices.

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is a tool for going from 4x to 5x or 6x but at this point that does not make any sense, so I'd recommend you to use BAT to export as much as you can then modify as required and import on 10x.

HTH.

Regards,

Christian Nuche

Cisco TAC UC TL