Helpful
Replies

Jabber login issues with internal/external domain and mail as userID

ribola
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCM and IM&P server version 11.5

My customer has two different domain, internal and external

I had to import end user from AD with mail as user ID.

All user has userID -->   user@external.com

Domain "external.com" is not managed on internal DNS.

How can I configure internal and external SRV record for Jabber login service discovery?

Login from Jabber client works only If I manually configure CUCM server.

I try to configure internal SRV record like

_cisco-uds._tcp.cisco-internal.example.com

as mentioned in this document, but doesn't works.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/CJAB_BK_C606D8A9_00_cisco-jabber-dns-configuration-guide/CJAB_BK_C606D8A9_00_cisco-jabber-dns-configuration-guide_chapter_010.html

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Prashant Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Ribola,
You can merge your internal & external domains using Cisco VCS or third party firewall which is XEN firewall, I have seen in some productions environment. When Multiple domains are involved, you have to create traversal zones for communications in between internal and external dns if you are using cisco VCS-C/E, however if you have are using XEN your configurations are minimized in comparison. If you have complex Cisco environment go for Cisco VCS..
Basic Overview :
Jabber > External Domain > VCS-E > VCS-C > Internal DNS > CUCM UDS > IM&P

Kindly rate if you find it helpful

Hello,

I read the documents suggested. In my opinion, the easy way to solve DNS service discovery with different internal and external domain, is create a dedicated domain like "im.external.com" internal and external, and install Jabber with the command "msiexec /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi VOICE_SERVICES_DOMAIN=im.external.com CLEAR=1"

Any further suggestion ?

Thank you
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: