cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limited Availability of Custom Ring Tones

matt.karsten
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to limit what ring tones can be used on my 7940s/7960s by different locations/extensions in my organization. Mostly I am looking to limit the Custom Ring Tones that I have started to get ready for the phones. I want to make sure that access is limited to these new ring tones (ie I don't think some executives would find TV show theme songs as amusing as the IT department would).

To break it down further. If I have 10 ring tones total, I want ring tones 1-5 to be available to everyone, tones 6-8 to be available to most people and tones 9-10 to only be available to IT.

Thanks for any help.

1 Reply 1

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

Ring tones are downloaded via the ring list and alternate ring list XML files on the TFTP server. There is no option to stipulate a different ringlist for a phone (as far as I know). In order to have a different ringlist(s) for different phones, you would have to have a seperate TFTP server for each one.

It would be interesting to try to setup virtual TFTP servers which would have different root directories which would contain different ringlist XML files.