cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting access to the Cisco Conference Connection Web Page

tlomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to limit user accesss to the Scheduling page used by the Conference Connection application?

1 Reply 1

tlomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

So I guess I will answer my own question, seeing that I have not got any response. Hopefully this will help some other poor sap out there that has the same question from going nuts trying to find info on Conference Connection. It seems that 1.1 CCC had the ability to limit users access to the scheduling page, but Cisco changed the back end of CCC so now in 1.2 there is no way to do this internall to Cisco. TAC reports that version 2.0 of CCC will support this feature once again. The anticipated release is late quater 03, 2003!!!! So the only way I can think of doing this is by front ending the CCC Server with a proxy server, and then limiting access to the CCC server. It can also be done via ACL's in Cisco switches, routers, but will not work well in a DHCP environment. I suppose it is also possible to limit user access to the CCC scheduling page using IIS security and access rights, but I think this would be fairly tricky to manage. I am planning to implement the proxy server fix until Cisco release 2.0. I hope this helped any of you out there with the same question. Good Luck!!!