cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Low volume

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Call Manager 3.0(7) / Unity 2.45 integration. The volume of messages left by callers is very low both when listening via Windows or the handset. Is there any way to adjust the recording level for these calls? Recording greetings results in satisfactory volume, it's just the "inbox" messages that have the problem. Adjusting the user's playback volume has a very limited effect, if any.<br><br>Norm Cook<br>Gibson Petroleum Company Limited

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Here's an earlier post on this issue...
The tool mentioned is called "wav gain" and you can find it on the tools section of my web page below.

===================

!! Please use these settings with caution !!

The following registry key/values control the gain on playback and record:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Cisco TSP
WaveDBGainRecord (DWORD)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Cisco TSP
WaveDBGainPlayback (DWORD)

The values used in the registry represent dB(in hex), with positive for gain and negative for attenuation. (For example: 0xFFFFFFFD = -3dB) Setting the values to zero will disable the gain control completely.

It should be noted that the initial configuration for these settings are should be -10db (0xFFFFFFF6) for playback and +5 (0x00000005) for record by default, so please keep that in mind as you make changes. Additionally, ranges beyond (+-)10-15 can cause distortion, loss of playback, or complete silence.

If you correctly installed the AV-Cisco TSP 1.0.0.24 from the Unity 2.4.5 release, the gain control functionality should be present from the install of the following file versions:
SelsiusNTWave.DLL (3.0.2.3) 3 OCT 2000
AvAudio.SYS (3.0.2.3) 3 OCT 2000
AvAudio32.DLL (2.4.1.1) 6 AUG 1999

I will hand off a utility to Jeff for changing the wavegain realtime as well as a regedit file to simplify setting the registry entries a bit.

!! Please use these settings with caution !!

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Did notice an improvement when changing the recording level. Have currently set it to +10 for record and 0 (default) for playback using the tool. Will monitor for a few days.
Norm

Norm Cook
Gibson Petroleum Company Limited

Not applicable

When you say "Adjusting the user's playback volume has a very limited effect, if any" I assume you are talking about the windows volume in the "Master Out." VMO does not use this volume, it has its own volume slider that you can use to adjust the volume.

Aaron

Aaron Belcher
Software Engineer
Active Voice
abelcher@activevoice.com

Not applicable

Sorry, I should have said changing the volume in "Message Playback" on the users' Active Assistant web page makes no discernable difference.

Norm Cook
Gibson Petroleum Company Limited