cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC Addy under Dialing Options Disappeared

dori.griffith
Level 1
Level 1

Dial by Outlook was working fine and then the user installed PDANet (by JuneFabrics) which allows the user's cell phone to act as a modem.

Now the MAC isn't showing under "Connect Using Line". We see H323 and IPCONF LINE as well as PDANET.

His MAC has disappeared before but I've always been able to get it back. This time I can't.

Any ideas why this PDANet software would wipe out the MAC completely? I uninstalled TSP and reinstalled it but that didn't help.

We're on CCM 4.0, not certain what the computer is running, mostly likely XP.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

tbramwe
Level 3
Level 3

Dori:

PDANet will sometimes uninstall the driver for your native modem on some PCs (not sure why - conflict resolve possibly?). Try reinstalling the driver for the network device you are attempting to use from the control panel

ControlPanel->System->Hardware->DeviceManager

You may need to disable the PDANet device while performing this task.

This should work for most XP stations. We had the issue with a notebook PC and this worked for us. We found a lead on the June Fabrics site, below.

http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/faq.php#modembusy

Hope it helps.

Tom

jalston45
Level 1
Level 1

Dori are your users dialing from the Global Address List in Exchange, or are they just using entries from thier contacts? I'm trying to find a way to use the Global Address List without having to copy it to my contacts.