Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place : Web Interface

iantra123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Do we are obliged to use Webex for Web interface of the Meeting Place 8?

We have a customer that use a private network around the world. so they don't need this Webex, and this is not compatible for their network security policy.

so what is the alternative of the Meeting Place Web Interface for colaboration on version 8.

I ask version 8, because version 7 is no longer available.

The version 7 give a web interface for collaboration, even inside a private network.

Best regards,

Antra

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes that is correct.  You can now order WebEx directly from Cisco so it is not too bad to do but you do need to decide which WebEx option you want to use.  With MP 8.5 you are no longer required to have a WebEx Node so that simplifies things.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

The only web integration is WebEx for MP 8.  You can deploy an Audio only solution and then use another web conferencing product if you like.  They won't be integrated but it will work.  In this mode MP could be reservationless or scheduled via Outlook. 

John

As mentioned, for MP8, you need to integrate with WebEx.  To keep meeting internal, you need to implement internal/external MPWeb and WebEx Node, which can keep all your web conferencing internal to your network.

The basic components you need are:

- Internal MPWeb server

- External MPWeb server (optional - for external users to join)

- MeetingPlace Appserver

- WebEx Node

- WebEx site provisioned with necessary configuration

You will need to request WebEx to provision the WebEx Site to support both Type 1 internal and Type I external meetings, you have to also specify "Type I - scheduling using MeetingPlace" on your App server.

Regards,

Victor Dang.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that MP8 doesn't have Web server other than Webex.

Can you give me a link about this please.

regards,

Antra

MeetingPlace scheduling is not supported in MP 8.5 for new deployments only for upgrades.  I do not suggest using Type 1 (MeetingPlace Scheduling) for any deployments.  It requires additional hardware and has less functionality that using WebEx scheduling (Type 2 scheduling) with the WebEx Productivity tools.  WebEx scheduling supports internal only meetings on the WebEx Node as well as external meetings.  It is up to the scheduler to determine the meeting located.

The minimum required component is the MeetingPlace Application Server. The WebEx Node is optional with MP 8.5 and you can deploy up to 3 WebEx Nodes and 14 Application Servers.

Anytime WebEx is used you are required to have a WebEx site in the WebEx cloud. This is the location where all meetings are scheduled no matter the location of the meetings.

Hope this helps.

John

Antra,

Here is a link to a lot of the MP information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps5664/ps5669/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Check the links on the right for Data Sheets and Case Studies.

Let me know if you have any questions.

John

Hi,

I've checked there and see :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/confernc.html#wp1056549

It says : All web conferencing for the Unified MeetingPlace solution is provided by WebEx

...However, if there is a requirement to have internal meetings where all the audio, video, and content sharing remains on-premises, the WebEx node for MCS should be deployed. ...

... it is still operated and managed through the WebEx site administration, thus it requires connectivity to the internet so that the node can initiate outbound TCP port 443 SSL connections to the organization's WebEx site. ...

.... For internal-only meetings, only WebEx Node for MCS hostnames are passed to the client. This ensures that all users will be connected to WebEx Node for MCSs internally and no meeting information is cascaded to the Collaboration Cloud for that meeting. ...

Tests :

I've checked the hostname of the Wbex Node with a browser, and the result is NOTHING, No Interface. :-(

So does the Cisco MP8 is not the good solution for these customers for now?

I'm really disappointed.

Regards,

Antra

I've browsed internally, in our lab, in our LAN.

That is correct.  The WebEx Host name in a browser does not work and it is not suppose too.  You need to schedule a meeting using the WebEx productivity tools and then join it from the URL in the invite or start a Meeting Now again from the productivity tools. This first takes you out to the WebEx Cloud to verify the meeting and then the meeting is held on the WebEx node. You can verify that the meeting is on the internal node in that there is no video option and when you click the record button it opens a window to select where the recorded file will go on your PC. Meetings in the cloud allow video and the recording is stored in the cloud.

Let me know if you have any questions.

John

Hi all,

I've checked everywhere, and i see that you have to use Webex if ou want webinterface for collaboration on the MP8.

And unfortunatelly, you must have a webex account . I must buy an account, contact webex sales...bla bla bla very long procedure .

So the one who need an MP8 mus have an webex account. And in the webex there are also many style of accounts, another long procedure .

Thank you at all.

Best regards,

Antra

Yes that is correct.  You can now order WebEx directly from Cisco so it is not too bad to do but you do need to decide which WebEx option you want to use.  With MP 8.5 you are no longer required to have a WebEx Node so that simplifies things.

Hi all,

This MP8.5 can resolve my problem .

Let's check

Thank you very much.