cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express Call Configuration

fasteddye
Level 1
Level 1

We have inherited MeetingPlace Express that has been in operation for a couple of years.  This has been paritally running through our Nortel Option 81 PBX and Call Manager with a PRI in between.  I say partially because some of it was routed totally through Call Manager during the VoIP implementation.  However, when the Nortel Option 81 PBX was retired a few weeks ago, a few things stopped working in Meeting Place.

You can host meetings and people can call into the meetings ok.  It cannot make calls out to individuals either when you want to join a meeting from the web interface or by having it call yourself or someone else when you are in the meeting.  In MeetingPlace Admin, I see under H.323 configuration there is an E.164 Address (4 digit extension) that matches a Route Pattern in Call Manager.  That route pattern in Call Manager uses the partition that pointed to the PRI out to old Nortel PBX.

Am I looking in the right area of MeetingPlace Express and Call Manager?  Would there be other areas to look at too?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Not for gatekeeper.

Under H323 Configuration

Set "Use gatekeeper" to No

Set the "H.323 gateway 1" as your CUCM subscriber

Set the "H.323 gateway 2" as your CUCM publisher.

For E.164 address, keep it as your route pattern in CUCM.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Alok Tilavat
Level 1
Level 1

Where does H323 GW point to?

Are you able to dial out to internal extensions?

In most scenarios, it should point to your CallManager.

It appears the H323 is pointing to a gatekeeper (2821 router) that tied into PRIs between Nortel PBX and Call Manager.

I believe when the PRIs were in use between the Nortel PBX and Call Manager, they were on a 4 digit extension. We are now running a 5 digit extension so I don’t think the internal extensions work.

Should the gatekeeper point to our Call Manager? If so, what would need to be setup in Call Manager to accept this?

Thanks for the link. That looks very helpful.

Just to verify, we would use the Call Manager IP for the Gatekeeper on H323 Call Configuration Page in Meeting Place?

What is the E164 address on the H323 Configuration Page? Is it just a coincidence that it matches the 4 digit Route Pattern currently being used for Meeting Place in Call Manager?

Thanks.

Not for gatekeeper.

Under H323 Configuration

Set "Use gatekeeper" to No

Set the "H.323 gateway 1" as your CUCM subscriber

Set the "H.323 gateway 2" as your CUCM publisher.

For E.164 address, keep it as your route pattern in CUCM.

I noticed in Call Manager for the number to dial in to MeetingPlace, there is the same 4 digit number from H323 Call Config E.164 Address under Call Party Transformation Mask in the Translation Pattern.

Ex. We have a Translation Pattern of 51100 (Our Meeting Place Number), and under Call Party Transform Mask there is 1096 which is the same 4 digit number in E.164 Address of H323 Call Config.

Would this Call Party Transform Mask become the route pattern we setup? Or would this Call Party Transform Mask not be needed any longer?

Not sure why you would need Call Party Transform Mask.

In most cases, route pattern will be E.164 Address of H323 Call Config.

I have followed through How to Configure document and have things working for the most part.  We can call into MeetingPlace and attend meetings no problem.  This may be more of a Call Manager question but MeetingPlace will only call an endpoint with a "9" in front of the number.  We do require users to dial a "9" on their phones to get outside line.  I would like to be able to have MeetingPlace not require that "9".  Is this determined in the Call Routing Information Inbound or Outbound of the H323 Gateway configured in Call Manager?  We also use 5 digit internal dialing.  MeetingPlace is not able to dial 5 digit right now either.  Would it be possible to get 5 digit dialing to work as well?

Yes, this would be done on CUCM. Any digit manipulation or call control is done on CUCM. Maybe try the CUCM discussion group with your question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: