cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Merging 2 Corporate Directories

ebode
Level 1
Level 1

We are running 2 clusters connected by an intercluster trunk. Each cluster has its own corporate directory of users added in ccmadmin interface, but the phones in each cluster can only find users within their respective cluster.

We would like to have a consolidated directory whereby user information could be transparently displayed irrespective of phone's/user's cluster.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

ipitts
Level 1
Level 1

You can look at our App-Pendix application. You should download the following items from our web site

http://www.syn-apps.net

Core Components - Database and .Net framework

LDAP Importer - Consolidates the CCM directories

App-Pendix - The XML portion of the application.

Once you have an Win2k/2003 machine with IIS installed run the Core Components.

Then run the LDAP importer and provide the CallManager information.

Next you will install the App-Pendix application and point to the database the LDAP importer creates. The LDAP importer will update the data every evening.

Next you would replace the Enterprise directories parameter in CallManager with the URL provided in the help of App-Pendix an you will now have a consolidated directory.

If you have any questions please contact us at support@syn-apps.net

Thanks ipitts

But is there a Cisco-specific, non third-party, tool or way of approaching this?

ebode,

I do not believe that Cisco has a solution for the. It is only provided by third party providers.

Ian

I had this setup for two cluster before. You shuold setup this as ip phone services.We create two ip phone services, local directory and remote directory.End user can select it from the services menu in phone set.The remote directory should point to the ip address of remote end's publisher.