cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP number translation

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

I have done the following to prefix 90 to all incoming numbers, but it does not work.

Add new CSS with new part

give the gatew the new CSS

put a translation pattern to match all incoming number (so just blank)

prefix called number 90 with the CSS of the general phone partitions. calls get through but have not changed the number.

all DN are in the null partition I have just found out (not my install) how does this change things

thanks

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure if I understand correctly, do you want to translated called or calling number? If you mean the caller id of callers calling in from PSTN, then the translation pattern should have prefix for calling party transformation.

Is the translation pattern's partiton the only partition in the GWs CSS? That should be the case.

Also, I would try adding a PRTN to the TP's CSS, and assign that PRTN to the phone DNs.

What version of CCM are you running? If it is 4.1 you can use Dialed Number Analyzer to test the call flow.

Chris

shimebaugh
Level 1
Level 1

TO: MyMite060708

FR: Steve Himebaugh

DT: FR 11/18/2005 1340 PST

I assume you've reset the gateway in the CCM.

Seems to me I recall a case where a change I made to the CCM MGCP gateway configuration did not take place until I did a mgcp reset on gateway itself; "no mgcp", "mgcp". This was CCM 4.1.2 with 12.3(14)T on the gateway. You could try that if you can have a brief outage on the gateway.

Regarding your translation, it sounds like the calls won't work if you get the translation pattern/CSS working. Calls will be going to 90 and all the phones have ; e.g., 902000 vs 2000.

About the null partition, that means that any and all CSSs, including the CSS, will be able to access the s. All CSS have the (or null) partition implicitly as the last partition. Your DNs should be accessible from everything in CCM.

Thanks for your "no mgcp","mgcp" tip. I ran into this problem today after changing the CSS on an mgcp gateway. My translation patterns didn't work, even though the Dialed Number Analyzer said things were good.

Restarted mgcp on the router and all is well.

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

Use the Called Party Transform Mask rather than prefix digits to modify the DNIS.

For example suppose:

Your incoming DNIS is 2002.

The user's extension is 902002.

You would use a Called Party Transform mask of 90XXXX.

Let me know if this helps by rating the post.

Michael