Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH from Router Flash.

standardbankcco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to get multicast MOH working from the router flash, but have been unsuccessful. At the present moment we just get silence when the phone is on hold.

Everything is set up on the Callmanager & the max hop count has been set to 1 on the MOH server.

Please can somebody help?

Thanks!

20 Replies 20

When you run the command, ensure that you have an active call on hold first. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

I had a call on hold at the time.

Anyway I have it working now. Found that it was using 239.10.1.5.

The weird thing is that I still don't get anything when I do the 'sh ccm-m mu' command.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

The show ccm-manager music-on-hold command shows only PSTN connections on hold. It does not show multicast streams going to IP phones on hold.

When an IP phone is placed on hold, and the MoH is sourced from a Cisco IOS gateway, the MoH signaling is directly between Cisco CallManager and the IP phone.

In this scenario, the Cisco IOS gateway plays no role other than to blindly stream multicast RTP packets to the IP phone.

Keep in mind that if you hear MoH, it does not necessarily mean that multicast Cisco IOS MoH is working as expected.

If the PSTN caller hears MoH, but the show ccm-manager music-on-hold command shows no

active multicast streams, then the MoH has come from a unicast.

This can be confirmed if you check the MoH perfmon mentioned earlier. I believe you mentioned that the multicast resource was being selected in a previous post, if that the case then you should see an active session.

The fact that you had only two multicast audio sources 1 and 16 select and not all 16 as shown in the audio source giff, then in the case this is the second audio source hence the first ip address for this audio source would be 239.10.1.5 for u-law.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Allan,

I have one problem it looks like when a call from the PSTN is put on hold it goes to 239.10.1.6 alaw, but internal calls go to 239.10.1.5 ulaw.

MOS7RT_2821_WAN03#sh ccm-manager music-on-hold

Current active multicast sessions : 1

Multicast RTP port Packets Call Codec Incoming

Address number in/out id Interface

===================================================================

239.10.1.6 16384 1169/1169 1983794 g711alaw Lo220

How do I change internal calls to go to alaw?

Have you tried configuring a different voice class codec which has g711 alaw as it first preference and applying this to your CCM voip dial-peers instead?

Regards

Allan.

No not yet.

I will be changing the MOH codecs in service parameters so that g.711 ulaw is not selected.