Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH per device pool

Suchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement to setup customize MOH for 3 different device pools. Each device pool contains around 200 phones/user profiles. I didn't see any particular setting in device pool to change the MOH, only place is phones/user profile. Then I have to use bulk admin tool , do i need to reset the phones to apply new MOH settings? what is the least impact method to change the MOH?

Thanks

Suchira

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Suchira,

Yes, you must have to reset phones to get them updated, so may reset IP phones by reseting corresponding device pools.

MoH Audio Source cannot be set on the device pool level .You can assign the Audio Source at 4 levels  :

Line(Highest Priority)

Phone

Common device Configuration

Cluster wide service parameters(Lowest Priority).

The call manager 1st looks for the audio source in the line level ,if that is set to none ,it checks the phone level ,followed by the CDC and the cluster wide service parameters.

If you want to assign the same Audio source to a number of phones ,create a common device configuration (Device->Device settings->Common device configuration) and assign the common device configuration to all the phones that you want to play that particular file .

You can create many such Common device configurations and assign them to different sets of phones.

Suresh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Suchira,

Yes, you must have to reset phones to get them updated, so may reset IP phones by reseting corresponding device pools.

MoH Audio Source cannot be set on the device pool level .You can assign the Audio Source at 4 levels  :

Line(Highest Priority)

Phone

Common device Configuration

Cluster wide service parameters(Lowest Priority).

The call manager 1st looks for the audio source in the line level ,if that is set to none ,it checks the phone level ,followed by the CDC and the cluster wide service parameters.

If you want to assign the same Audio source to a number of phones ,create a common device configuration (Device->Device settings->Common device configuration) and assign the common device configuration to all the phones that you want to play that particular file .

You can create many such Common device configurations and assign them to different sets of phones.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Thanks & I have user login device profiles as well.Then CDC can't be applied, do i need to go line level?

Regards

Suchira

Hi Suchira,

I would prefer line level.

Suresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: