cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Subscribers' mailbox to another exchange server

poh
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Unity 4.0.4 SR1 with Unified Messaging where subscribers' mailboxes are on an Exchange 2003 server. We want to move some subscribers' mailboxes to a separate Exchange 2003 server. Please advise and thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

ptredway
Level 1
Level 1

If both Exchange 2k3 servers are going to remain in production, then you don't have to do anything really. The partner server will pass the messages on via exchange routing.

However, if you're looking to decomission the partner server and switch completely to the other guy, you'll need to re-run the message store config wizard.

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

We are using Exchange 2000, but I don't think there will be much difference unless 2003 has some sort of 'virtual' mailstore definition.

Anyways, in active directory, if you right click on the user and select exchange tasks, you can chose 'move mailbox' and select the mailstore you want to use.

I'm pretty sure that Unity will refresh itself since it uses AD to know where the mailstore is.

Try it out in a test environment and see if this helps.

Lelio

Don't forget to rate posts if they help you out

lfulgenzi, ptredway - Thank you both for the info! That's what I suspected but just wanted to be sure.

BTW, both exchange2k3 servers will remain in production.