cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving the Stream Files folder from Commserver to another drive.

steven.hughes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 4.0 system that the Stream Files were greetings are stored is getting to big for my C: drive. Can I move this folder to another drive will leaving the rest of the Unity programs files on the C: drive.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I could have swore there was an undocumented registry key for this somewhere along the way but I can't find it anywhere - further, some of the tools out there (i.e. ATM, dbWalker, CUBI, etc...) will always look under \commserver\streamfiles for voice names and greetings so even if you could change it you'd have some issues.

You can move the diagnostic and data logging files to another location as well as the MTA directory (where messages that can't be delivered are stored temporarily) - both these can be moved with the Advanced Settings Tool.

You can also move SQL/MSDE off the C: drive if you need to - there's documentation on how to do that - this will free up some space on C if that's where you have it installed.

One of the DOH boys is digging around to see if there's something hanging around for moving the stream files directory but I wouldn't count on it and even if there is I probably wouldn't reccomend using it.

Thanks for the update. I'll try to move some of the other files to help the problem.