cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX200 G2 handset for private conversations

Nmorrison75
Level 1
Level 1

My boss wanted me to research if the MX200 G2 is compatible with any type of handset in case he wants to have a private conversation. I have looked online and couldn't find anything, but I wanted to make sure before I give him an answer.

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

they are bluetooth ready, maybe you can pair it with a headset/mic.

otherwise just add a second phone to the conference room and sit it in a corner with a long eth cable, that is probably your easiest option.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

they are bluetooth ready,

While they may have a bluetooth radio in them, it's currently listed as "for future applications" and there is no way to configure it in the software, so that is not currently an option.

I'm not sure how "private" your boss thinks his meeting will be if using a handset as people would probably still be able to hear his end of the conversation, and if the person at the far end is visible on the screen, then someone could also possibly lip-read what they were saying as well.

The Telephone option may be the best option if you need to use an MX200G2, otherwise, a different model endpoint may be a better fit.

Note: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Other Collaboration section you've posted in - I'd suggest, if the above hasn't answered your query, that you move your discussion over there (you can do this by editing your original post and changing the category at the bottom).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.