Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with Hotdial

Hardik Joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I setup hotdial in call manger using Translation Pattern Configuration and it is working as i want it. How can i hide calling number (calling party tranformation mask) or display some other number so that caller don't see what number is getting dial when user pickup the headset.

Link below does not talk about display calling number.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Thanks

Harry

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not clear which you are trying to block: the calling or called party information.

Calling party presentation can be set to Restricted on the translation pattern. Called party on the other hand isn't so easy. To my knowledge, there is nothing within CUCM that will prevent the calling phone's display from updating with the translated destination pattern. It would be possible to do this once the call gets to an IOS gateway using a very complex SIP profile to modify the remote-party-id header; however, this doesn't scale and is rather tricky. On top of that, there would be a delay before the router responds with a 180/183 updating the header so CUCM would show the translated destination for a second or two.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.