Views
Helpful
Replies

Need "source id" in call center

gpolzin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I need to find a way to alert agents to the source of an incoming call (IPCC Enterprise Enhanced 3.1.1). Some agents can receive calls on several different products, and need to know which type of call they are getting so they can answer the call appropriately. On a previous PBX system, I could set up a source id recording that the agent heard while the caller heard ringing. It was triggered by the DNIS digits of the in-bound toll-free number. I'm still using DNIS to direct calls to the correct resource group, but have no way to alert the agents as to which product the call is going to be. In some cases, they need to answer the phone with a different company name. Can someone point me in the right direction?

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Something like call tracker is used for such purpose. Not sure, if it helps in alerting the agents too.

chrisk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The IPCC Agent Desktop can provide this indication to the agent by using the Enterprise Data in the Layout for the agent--the Enhanced CAD software provides the "Enterprise Data Window" and in that window displays the "Layout" that pulls specific call variable information that can be set using hte Set Enterprise Data step in the workflow. You can set it and it will present specific variable information to the agent with the call.

blcase
Level 1
Level 1

I had a customer that had the same issue...here is what I did, this might work for you. Since customers calling in for different companies used different phone numbers, I made multiple copies of the script for each phone number or "company". The resource groups are the same, so the same agents are handling all the scripts. Then with each group of CTI ports assigned to a particular script, I edited the "Display" label field, so an inbound call to an agent showed the "company name" instead of the DN of the CTI port.