cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to match incoming dial-peer based on incoming port

nms
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried overlapping dial-peers with 'answer-addres .' for each voice port but the selected incoming dial-peer will always be the first of the overlapping dial-peers.

Any other ways to do this?

3 Replies 3

van
Level 1
Level 1

This should not be a problem. The fourth step in matching inbound dial-peers is to use the voice port. Check out the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#table2

To use the port, I believe you would simply not use any of the other dial-peer commands: called-number, destination-pattern, answer-address....

Good luck.

The voice port is the last item used to match an incoming dial-peer. Any dial-peer with at least one of the other attributes will be selected first, such as your default route dial-peers.

TAC confirm this can be done. So what I have done is use voice port applied translation-rules to prepend prefixes to match corresponding outgoing dial-peers. The outgoing dial-peers use another translations-rule to remove the prefixes before dialing.

So, this allows me to control how calls are routed based on their incoming voice port.