Views
Helpful
Replies

New to CUBE and CUCM

jsalomon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have read and watch multiple information and videos, and one thing I am still trying to understand is, do I use the CUBE or CUCM to do all my calling control, or a combination of both.  I have enhanced Dial-peers on the CUBE and have e164 patterns for my outgoing and incoming, but looks like the CUCM has more control.  I setup some translation and routing in CUCM so I can call using 7, 10 or 11 digits, and I can call in, however, I can't seem to have my DID stripped to the last 4 digit to ring on an internal extension using the CUCM. If I add the full e164 format DID on a line, then when I call in it will ring on that line.  Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

John

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks again for the info Roger,

this is what I did and it worked.

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /^\+.*\(….\)$/ /\1/

voice translation-profile INBOUND-FROM-PSTN

translate called 10

Under -- dial-peer voice 100 voip

translation-profile outgoing INBOUND-FROM-PSTN

thanks,

John

View solution in original post

Glad to hear that you sorted it out. Please take the time to mark the question as solved and give the helpful vote to the responses.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

You’d typically use a combination of both.

For your specific question on the strip of called numbers down to 4 digits, my personal preference would be to do it with an outbound voice translation profile in the CUBE.

Something along with this should work.

voice-translation rule 10

voice-translation profile TO-CUCM-OUT
 translate called 10

Then attach this profile in the outbound direction to your outbound dial peer(s) that sends calls to your CM.

Please note that I’ve written this from the top off my head, so verify that the syntax is correct and take it for what it is.

Another option is to set the significant digits on the trunk in CM to 4 and then save and reset the trunk for the setting to apply. This would strip the called number down to the last 4.

Response Signature

Coming back to this to give a recommendation on best practices. It would be advisable to actually use full E.164 format, with a plus, for your directory numbers in CM. This has been the recommended configuration for a good amount of years now as it solves a lot of problems with having unique none overlapping numbers and you’ll always have the full numbers information available so that it can be, if needed, manipulated in a predictable way. If you want to have the possibility to call using short numbers in CM you’d facilitate that with translation pattern(s). Please keep in mind that these as well needs to not overlap, so depending on your situation these might be local for the site or they could be global for the cluster or system.

Response Signature

Roger 

Thank you for the information, I will give that a try.

John

Thanks again for the info Roger,

this is what I did and it worked.

voice translation-rule 10

voice translation-profile INBOUND-FROM-PSTN

translate called 10

Under -- dial-peer voice 100 voip

translation-profile outgoing INBOUND-FROM-PSTN

thanks,

John

Glad to hear that you sorted it out. Please take the time to mark the question as solved and give the helpful vote to the responses.

Response Signature