cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No access to Admin web pages, install gave error concerning MTS package

chris.lombardo
Level 1
Level 1

While installing Unity 4.0.2, I received an error near completion of the install stating that the web pages could not be registered and that my account likely did not have rights to edit the MTS package.

I installed Unity as the domain administrator. Is there something I can do to register the web pages with IIS now that the install is complete? Which rights might not be set correctly?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

gfrison
Level 1
Level 1

In which part of setup? Initial software installation, Service Config Wizard, Message Store Config Wizard, etc.? Are you using the Configuration Assistant?

What is the exact text of the message?

I received the error during the initial software install after it requested I insert disk 2 then reinsert disk 1. The dialog in the background of the error has a title of "Configuring" and reads "Saving Setup information. Please wait." The exact text of the message is:

"The system administration Web applications could not be registered with Microsoft Internet Information Server. This can occur if your Windows account does not have the right to edit the 'System' MTS package."

The OS of the machine is Win2K Server, SP3. It is the domain controller and Exchange 2K and SQL 2K are also installed. I am logged in as the domain administrator when installing. The System Preparation Assistant stated everything was installed as necessary. I only created accounts for Directory Services and Message Store. Permissions Wizard ran without error.

It could not create the virtual directories in IIS. The missing permission would be related to created these, the easiest way to find out the particular permission would be to attempt to create virtual directories in the "Default Web Site" manually while logged in under the same account.

Configuring reports and creating default objects (subscriber, admin, etc.) come after this step, so those were not done due to the failure.