cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No access to jtapi

beatefiss
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with the JTAPI. When I try to access the JtapiProvider, I get the following error:

exception com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Unable to create provider -- null

There is the same problem with the makecall test app.

First I found out, that the admin of the CallManager forgot to insert the IP address of the CallManager in the Jtapi preferences. But I had the same Problem even after restarting the CallManager.

We use the Jtapi version 1.4, the JRE 1.4 (or is a compiler needed?) on a Windows 2000 machine and the CallManager 4.1(2)

Beate

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Just checking for the obvious.. you specified the proper ip address, login and password (you need a user in the ccm user database having access to at least one phone) when starting makecall or jtrace? And you installed the jtapi that's available from the serviceability pages of the call manager you're trying to connect to?

This may be of use as well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801d3aa2.html

though as Stephan mentioned it looks like you may not have installed the Cisco Jtapi plug-in from CallManager administration...

thanks a lot!

We didn't have the right jtapi version...