cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

opening greeting

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I just installed Unity2.46 for customer.I heard the opening greeting: "Welcome to unity, if you know the extension please dial now, or press 4 go into company directory, sorry no operator available now, please answer the following question ... ". I checked Unity document, the last part of this greting seems is interview handler greeting. How can I take it off, and why I get this. Because I logged into unity server and went into greeeting of opening greeting handler, on the recorded bar I played greeting , I heard a different greeting. But I think the greeting I heard from here should be the same as the former one which I heard when I dialed into unity. <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

What you're hearing there is the opening greeting then handing the call off to the operator box and you're hearing the operator call handler greeting after that.

by default the opening greeting is setup to play the its greating and, if the user doens't input anything, to handle the call over to the operator call handler during the day. After hours it will send the call to the example interview handler and "quiz" the user for information and take a message.

You probably haven't setup the operator call handler to transfer anywhere yet so it plays the "no operator is available..." greeting and then takes a message.

You can change the after greeting actions for the opening greeting to send calls where you want or repeat the opening greeting or whatever...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)