cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outside Calls not working

jscheffler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new 7910 phone that I've installed. It's in the same CSS, Partition, etc as all my other phones. However, I am only able to place internal calls with this phone. If I try to dial 9 and the outside number, the call is never connected. I've checked the route patterns, etc, and everything seems to be configured correctly.

4 Replies 4

gary.shaw
Level 1
Level 1

What actually happens, when do you get the unobtainable tone? Before you've finished dialling? Or is there a long pause after you've finished dialling before you get the unobtainable tone.

After dialing, there is a long pause, and then the fast-busy tone.

a.wells
Level 1
Level 1

Have a look at the CCM traces for that phone to see why it is timing out.I would delete this particular phone and re-ad it to ccm copy an existing template and change directory number see if that works.

Have you tested another phone with the same switchport

and does it work ?

Perhaps that phone is faulty.

To rule out a phone problem, add that same DN as a second line to another phone and try the same test again.

If it has collected all of your digits that would lead you to believe that everything up to and including the route pattern is working ok.

If you get the same problem on another phone, I'd agree that looking at the traces would be best.