cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging with offhook

HollTel.com
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a CUCM 11.7 with DN 7545 programmed to ring an FXS port on the gateway. This all works just fun with an analog set and rings appropriately. 

My issue is the paging system the I've plugged into this port is in the offhook position by default. So of course the config that I've set up will not ring the port due to the offhook position of the paging system. I've researched the paging system and it's offhook position is the only option. 

My question is: Is the a way that I can dial the DN and have it open the offhook connection to be used by the pager and then hang up and wait until the next time it's dialed to open the connection again. 

Thanks for all your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HollTel.com
Level 1
Level 1

Just a follow up on this. In order for this situation to work we ordered a V-9970 from Valcom as a pass-through from the Router to the Speakers. the Valcom V-9970 answers the call from the CUCM through the Router FXS port. once the call is completed it hangs up after a time limit set by dip switches.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

HollTel.com
Level 1
Level 1

Just a follow up on this. In order for this situation to work we ordered a V-9970 from Valcom as a pass-through from the Router to the Speakers. the Valcom V-9970 answers the call from the CUCM through the Router FXS port. once the call is completed it hangs up after a time limit set by dip switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: