cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Papers on upgrading to Windows 2K

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am looking for information (white papers, web sites, first hand knowledge) on upgrading issues related to Unity.<br><br>I want to upgrade my servers to win2k and run AD. Right now the Unity sits on a Backoffice boc running exchange 5.5sp4 box in WinNT Domain.<br><br>It is time for me to upgrade my domain to win2k. What do I need to know or lok out for? <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

On the 2.4.5/6 README.HTM file you'll find a chapter on the details of what you need to do to upgrade a NT 4.0 system to a Win2K with Unity installed on it. You'll definitely want to give this a read.

As for ADC, you cannot use the ADC connector going both ways or replicates TO the Unity Exchange server with Unity 2.4... it corrupts our customer properties/objects and you'll come to grief (you'll find a few post from folks out here that found that out the hard way). You can set the ADC up to push information FROM the Unity Exchange server out to AD but that's as close as you can get until Unity 3.0 hits the streets (currently in field test).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)