Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Registration Error - VPN Not Configured

Networks LSE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

At a remote site currently have deployed cisco 7940, these are being replaced with 7942, however currently getting registration rejected and error on phone VPN Not connected. CUCM version 8.5

Any one any ideas? 

Thanks in Advance

Nic

13 Replies 13

DaveX4285_2
Level 1
Level 1

Phone VPN Not connection is a status message you will see if you are not using Phone VPN.

Have you built the new phones as 7942s or are they still 7940s in CUCM.

Hi Dave,

In CUCM adding the new phones as 7942 SCCP, once all the new phones are working was going to delte the 7940's.

Have tried factory reset, delteting the ITL files.  As phones not infront of me do not know yet out the box was the load file is, were trying to load SCCP42.9-2-1S

Cheers

Are there any other status messages on the phones? Configuring IP, Registration Rejected? Are they getting an IP address and the correct TFTP server according to Network Configuration on the phone?

Are these 7942 brand new out of the box?

I am having the same issue here

is there any solution?

i installed CM 8.5.1 and try to add 7962 from other site

i use the latest 7962 firmware 9-2-3, and get the same error

"vpn not configured"

Hi

Found the issue was Skinny Version 2 no supported via juniper firewall.

unset alg for SCCP resolved the issue.

unset alg sccp enable

Regards

Nic

Hi,

It works

Thank you

Hi,

This worked for me also.

Thanks

mikehammonds
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem, this solution is if you have Juniper SRX firewalls, it does not apply to Juniper EX switches.

Hi ,

Are you using NAT at the firewall or are you using public IPs for the phones ?

Please advice ,

Purna

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

hi

did you register the phones at HQ before you install at remote sites?

HTH
Anas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I can register the phones with the CM server locally, the issue happens when I move the phone to a remote site. What are the required RTP range of ports for audio traffic? All my phones have private IPs via DHCP server.

hi ,

Audio UDP : 16384 - 32767

but you need to enable signaling as well SIP 5060 , SCCP 2000

if it is a cisco firewall ( dont know about others ) you can monitor you communication being blocked or not and the ports being blocked by the FW , in the monitoring option availble with the cisco FW ,

I think this is a standard feature with any FW in the market,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: