cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Playing video in a vertical (portrait) presentation.

Michael Sellers
Level 1
Level 1

Our system is using version 5.3 on both the DMPs and the DMM.  All DMPs are model 4400G.  I have a presentation displaying properly in portrait on a vertical monitor, but when the video plays it is sqeezed into the playlist zone and oriented as if the monitor was horizontal.  Everything else about the presentation works correctly except the video, which seems to ignore the DMP rotation setting.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you need to format your video for vertical presentation before deploying it to the DMP.  The DMP does not know how to rotate the video.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

HEllo Michael,

I have run into the same issue in the past and As far as i know, the video cant be rotated by the dmp 4400.

you need to edit the video and rotate it within a 3rd part software to achieve your goal.

Yes you need to format your video for vertical presentation before deploying it to the DMP.  The DMP does not know how to rotate the video.

Here's the format of my presentation (not to scale):

_________

|               |

|               | <--  slideshow of floorplan

|               |

|               |

|               | <-- Promo images and video playlist

|               | <--  branding image

So I have to use After Effects or something like that to rotate the video -90 degress and encode it, so it will display correctly in the presentation?

Yes that is correct.