cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem installing CCM 3.3(3) sr3

jeremy.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

I just completed an upgrade for a customer going from 3.1(3) to 3.3(3). Everything went very smoothly. I used the 3.3(3) disks that are shipping from Cisco now. When I went to apply SR3 it failed every time. It would hang for almost an hour before I cancelled it out and there were no processes running. This is the first time I have installed sr3. Is anyone else having this problem or know why it is happening?

2 Replies 2

noran01
Level 3
Level 3

Its not hanging...its just taking forever to install. I had the same problem with sr2. It took me about 1.5 hours for it to install on a dell poweredge 2400 with dual 733's and 1gb ram. I also noticed that no processes show, but there is a hidden console screen that appears to be running in the background which shows a ton of 'sleep' commands....so basically it seems like it is running a command then waiting a while, then running another command, then waiting, etc....

I would just let it run...it WILL take a while though. just an FYI.

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

Jeremy,

We installed the Sr3 patch a couple of weeks ago and eveything seemed fine. Installed on 3x7835 and 1x7825-800 in the same cluster. The 7825 took the longest at about 20 minutes. The 7835's took only 10 -15 minutes.

HTH

D