Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with ATA 188

radu_sarbu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

A little problem with ATA 188: when I try to access the configuratiom menu, after i introduce 1# (setting static IP address), the IVR returns a message like "eaffwd". I though that this message may be something like "passwd", so I tried to reset the ATA to factory defaults (322873738#), but it returns the same message.

Any ideeas ?

Thanks a lot

8 Replies 8

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Reset to factory defaults and with help of the Voice Code Menu Table, you should be able to configure the ATA

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801a8b32.html#1059656

If you find the Interactive configuration difficult, you can try with Web Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801a8b32.html#1059809

I tried, but even when I introduce the code for resetting to factory defaults, the Voice Menu returns me to enter the password. I can't use the web pege because the ATA does not have any IP address, and the DHCP client is disabled. So, the only chance is to reset it. But, as I said, it won't let me without a password.

The image version is 3.1 SIP.

Thanks

I wonder if you are able to listen anything else such as 21 (Listen to IP Address)?

SSng

Yes, I'm able to listen 21 (the IP address is 0.0.0.0). I'm able to listen almoust all settings, but I can't modify anything because I don't have the password. The problem is that even when I try to reset to factory defaults it ask me for password.

Radu

Have you tried to upgrade it? This should clear the password at the same time.

SSng

I can't upgrade it since it doesn't have any IP address and the DHCP client is disabled.

Thanks

Hello there, have the same issue with an ATA and the same version, but mine can get an ip address from DHCP .. I will try to upgrade the ATA and see how it goes ...

I can not access still my ATA, and what I saw, is that is has the same version as other two that I have and are working. Any ideas yet?