Views
Helpful
Replies

Push2phone authentication

webmailmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to push a URL to a phone, I'm using HTML form for that, and I'm sure it works. The only problem is that the phone doesn't accept the username and password I use and returns error 4. I'm using 7960 with CCM 4.0. Is there some special way to create a user with special priviliges to push to the phone?

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,

Victor

3 Replies 3

wolfgang.lins
Level 1
Level 1

you might check this thread as well:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20Developers&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd72583/7#selected_message

The phone needs to get authentication against the user credentials you send (the ones used in your push2phone.asp, calles pushuserid and pushpassword). It does not check these internally, but it needs an external authentication entity to do so. You need to set up an "Authentication URL" that your phone uses to retrieve an AUTHORIZED from. Usually this is done by your CCM, however you might use the asp script in your SDK at CiscoIPService\ASP\pushautenticate as well.

You may check these credentials by sending some command to your phone under test with such an html page:

http://yourIPPhone/CGI/Execute" Method="POST">

It took me some time to find out about this as well!

After setting up the proper Authentication URL error 4 vanished.

User CCM management or a CCM simulator to set the URL for your phone.

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

I had the same problem. I am testing that same HTML page. With CM-Sim, I'm getting the Error 4. I used the postauthenticate.asp from SDK just like you suggested as Authentication URL and when I run this page, I used the same username and password I used in postauthenticate.asp and the callmager IP Address is the IP Address of the PC where CM-SIm is installed. But I still get the error 4.

This is my postauthenticate.asp

var pushUserID = "maria";

var pushPassword = "12345";

var callManager = "10.80.22.22";

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

var userID = String(Request.Item("UserID"));

var password = String(Request.Item("Password"));

var deviceName = String(Request.Item("devicename"));

if ((userID == pushUserID) && (password == pushPassword))

{

Response.Write("AUTHORIZED");

Response.End();

}

I would appreciate if you could help me solve this authentication problem.

Thanks a lot.

I do not really have an idea on this.

Once I found out that I need to have an IIE server to publish the authententicate.asp plus CM-Sim plus the phone things worked fine.

Read the comments in the ASP files from the SDK. You might edit your asp to return AUTHORIZED in all cases to exclude a password typo or so.

Check that your phone is properliy configured (see the URLS it holds).

Enable logging on your IIE to see if the IP Phone really comes back to its Authentication URL to check.

Are you more interested into CM or CME?

Possibly a copy of "Cisco IP Communications Express: CallManager Express with Cisco Unity Express" from ciscopress helps - it is the best available collection of information right now.

W.