cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS of voice on 64k link plus data

s.sousa
Level 1
Level 1

I made a configuration in a F.Relay, 64k link, with 4 voice channels ( E&M) and works fine. When i try to pass mail the quality decreases lot. I´ve tryed all configurations i know and still same. Can you help.

Another question is, if possible, i'm trying to connect a CISCO2600 with a PRI to one Ericsson phone office PRI, through QSIG protocol. When i try to make a call from the router to the central, the troubleshouting says "switching equipment congestion". What this means? What side is the problem? The central right? Solutions? Ideas?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are using the G.729 codec (this is default) then you should use frame-relay ip rtp header-compression and the Low Latency Queuing feature to prioritize the voice packets. See the following for instructions on how to configure:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t2/dtfrpqfq.htm

Why does anybody answer to my second question?

Thanks

You didn't say in your original question which device is sending the "switching equipment congestion."

However I would suggest you collect your configuration, version, and the output of debug isdn q931 and open a case with the Cisco TAC.

asapun
Level 1
Level 1

Being that you're using a slow link, you would need to use LFI ( link fragmentation and interleaving ).

This feature enables delay-sensitive real-time packets and packets that are not real-time data to share the same link by fragmenting the long data packets into a sequence of smaller data packets (fragments). The fragments are interleaved with the real-time packets.This method of fragmenting and interleaving helps guarantee the appropriate quality of service (QoS) for the real-time traffic.