cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Real Time Monitoring Tool alert emails

cyberg2001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I'm trying to configure RTMT to send emails when alerts are triggered. I have tried entering a number of my different smtp servers by name and IP address, but I never get any emails. I'm not sure where to look for the failure. I don't see anything in the smtp logs. I allowed relaying from the XP pro box where RTMT runs and from the CM Publisher. Any clues as to what I might be missing? Thanks, Gary

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you configure the Default action or create a new action with your email address listed as a recipient?

Brandon

Yes. It is working now. Thanks for the help.

Gary

Just wondering what you did to make this thing work, i seem to have the same problem as you. But nothing in here to say what you did.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I had the same problem and TAC told me to reinstall IE6sp1.

You can get the file from the CallManager & Voice Apps Crypto Software download page (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cmva-3des). Look for win-K9-ReinstallIE6sp1.exe.

I ran it and suddenly emails started working!

Thanks for the note, I installed it, and no luck. I must be missing something else.

Their docs are misleading: in the Mail Server cConfiguration window, you would assume you enter the mailserver address. (I did that), their docs for this setting make reference to e-mail recipient (doesnt make sence the words they choose)

I have all alerts enabled, profile created, i see the log generate the alert, but no email.

The thing about SMTP, you normally have to enter a user name for the account using the SMTP server. Much like on Cisco IPCC, you enter the name, and IP of the server, and your in business.

Is there some dependency for this tool to do SMTP? Im running it on my laptop.

Im also assuming i dont install the IESP1 on the Pub...ive installed it on my laptop.

Any more help would be appreciated! I owe you one!

Ah, well it depends. Older versions of RTMT (the ones that required you to view RTMT through a website) required the web site to be opened on a computer somewhere. The new version of RTMT (the one which requires you to install the RTMT plugin from the CM pages) does not require you to have the tool open for alerts to get generated.

So, in the later option (RTMT plugin) the alerts are generated and sent from the Publisher with no dependency of the RTMT window being open somewhere. The IE reinstall needs to be installed on your publisher, not your client (just be sure you get the IE reinstall from the cisco link in the previous message).

Which version of CM and which type of RTMT are you running (web or RTMT client)?

Running CM 4.1(3)sr1

with RTMT client on laptop

OK, that was the same version of CM I was having trouble with. Run that IE reinstall on your pub, that should fix it.