cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Record and Playback via Phone (TUI) Interface

calmichael
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new install of Unity 2.4.6 Unified that is<br> acting oddly.<br><br> From Subscriber -> Profile, the Recorded Voice Option<br> is set to phone, aimed at a extension available via LAN.<br><br> I have used both DNS naming, and IP address for the server<br> location in case a DNS issue was causing a delay.<br><br> When I select to playback, the extension immediatly rings.<br> However, when I answer the phone, it can take up to 10<br> seconds until the recorded name is played.<br><br> This is a repeatable problem on multiple machines, and<br> different accounts.<br><br> What is causing this delay (no there is not 10 seconds of<br> space before the users are saying there name - grins).<br><br>--- Thanks ---<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

My first guess would be a call progress issue (in the case of an analog PBX system, anyway...). We may wait that long to determine if the phone has been answered or not. Particularly if you picked up right away (i.e. Dialogic didn't hear a full "ring cycle" it can take a little longer for it to figure out the line is answered).

but if you're using CM, that wouldn't be the case. I'm not sure what to look for there...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

- As an interesting addition to this thread. . .

If you perform the exercise on the Unity server itself,
this functions fine. When performed from a client
station, is when the delay is introduced.

Also, a reload of the server did not resolve the issue.
I am also now using CallManager 3.0.9 and the TSP that
was bundeled iwth the Cisco 2.4.6 CD's.

--- Thanks ---

calmichael
Level 1
Level 1

- Another issue discovered today in 2.4.6 is:

Should you use the GUI to listen to prompts via the
TUI, and after it rings, disconnect the call for whatever
reason, the web session will crash.

The error displayed is:

Assertion failed: HRESULT 0x80070057
File: h:\CommSvr\Sources\TRaP\AvTrapConnectionHolderSvr\
AvTrapConnectionHolder.cpp
Line: 1061

I can't even find a CommSvr directory anywhere!

Ideas?

--- ----- ---

Not applicable

That's a known problem... we think we have a fix for it. The trap connection holder is the guy that keeps the phone session alive while you move around to different greetings/prompts and the like or different messages in VMO so you don't have to reconnect each time.

The "H:\..." drive references is the actual directory to the code on our local build machine here... it's not refering to a directory on your hard drive. It's so the engineers can quickly find the code in question.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

calmichael
Level 1
Level 1

- Have opened a case about this with Cisco TAC,
this was the first that they have hard about this.

- Did discover that the problem only affects those users
who do not login in via NT and 98 to the NT domain that
contains the Unity server. Even though they are can
manipulate the Unity SAWEB screens all they want after
authenticating once for access, and a second time for
the media master feature.

Not applicable

Oh... if you're not authenticating on the NT networking, having to do so twice is actually expected behavior, that's not a bug.

Since we rely on NT Challange and Response security, IIS will actually require you to be authenticated before the SA/AA/SM pages are even hit (that's not us asking for the login/PW). Since you haven't already authenticated on the network, it needs to know who you are and what rights you have.

The 2nd authentication with the media master is annoying but unavoidable... there's simply no way around it at present with that security model. For folks not on the NT network, it's something they will have to deal with, at least for now.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: