Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing Directory Numbers Using AXL

Not applicable

Hi, I have a couple of questions if someone wouldn't mind spending the time to reply.  I'm trying to programmatically delete some CUCM DNs outside of Bulk Admin and the CUCM admin web page.  If I have the NumPlanpkid for a [NumPlanDnOrPattern], in my case it's just a (DID) [PrimaryDN] on an [End User]'s phone(s), (a hard phone and CIPC and RDP), can I just delete the [NumPlanpkid] that's associated to that PrimaryDN using ExecSQLUpdateRes (C#)?  Do I also need to manually delete any other corresponding fk(s) in other tables like those associated to all of the Device(s), End User, etc.?  Or, when I delete the pkid, will CUCM cascade and clean up that change to all of the other tables?  Is there a risk of corrupting the CUCM db by deleting object's pkids via AXL or does CUCM not allow updates that would compromise it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please elaborate on any of this if you care to.

Thanks much in advance,

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might want to try in DevNet, that's where the APIs are handled.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yep, realized that after and sent the same question.  Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.