cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Requirements for VoIP

h.a
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to implement VoIP system in my company by using the Cisco 2621 Router (with one Voice Network Module and two Voice Interface Cards) and using the Analog Lines (PSTN).

I would like to know about the softwares that it requires and is the above 2621 Router with proper software enough or I should order additional hardware and software? What is the related task that I must do it regarding the call termination on the Internet?

3 Replies 3

kennethh
Level 1
Level 1

What kind of VIC you use?? My company use FXS VIC to connect to PBX or directly to plain phone. All you need T1 module and VIC in router, then you need to configure the router -->http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/1750/voipqsg/voipqsg.htm

Hope its work!!!

Thank you for your response,

I haven't provided any hardware yet.At this time my project is in design step.I should use the analog line (PSTN),haven't PBX and want to terminate international call in my country and vice versa. Should I consider additional hardware (unless 2621 and related modules)for this project?

btrevis
Level 1
Level 1

The latest IOSs that support most of the VIC modules for the 2621 router are 12.07XK1 and 12.1(1a)T1. Use the Hardware-Software Compatibility Matrix to check your specifics though.....