cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset CUE voice mailbox

mapate
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who claims they did not setup their voice mail and when they access CUE it is prompting them for a password. Also, when I go into the web interface, their voice mailbox is not listed. Anyone know how to reset or re-initialize a voice mailbox in CUE?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to reset a password, you'll certainly need to be able to find the account. If you log in to the CUE administration web page and go to Configure > Users. Then you should be able to find the person's username, or extension. If you then click on the user name, then you can select "Blank PIN" or set a known PIN for the user. Then they can log in. If you can't find the username, then you'll just have to add a new account; but assuming the user is being prompted only for their password (not the user ID and password) when they press the Messages button, that means that CUE recognizes that the user has a mailbox in CUE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to reset a password, you'll certainly need to be able to find the account. If you log in to the CUE administration web page and go to Configure > Users. Then you should be able to find the person's username, or extension. If you then click on the user name, then you can select "Blank PIN" or set a known PIN for the user. Then they can log in. If you can't find the username, then you'll just have to add a new account; but assuming the user is being prompted only for their password (not the user ID and password) when they press the Messages button, that means that CUE recognizes that the user has a mailbox in CUE.

mapate
Level 1
Level 1

I found the problem was due to CME and CUE not being sync'd. Once I updated CUE to have the same list of users as CME, I was able to reset the user's password.