cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screenshot support in 7912 phone ?

ibatterbe
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone confirm either way whether support for /CGI/Screenshot exists on 7912 phones? I've tried it and it produces an 'Invalid Access' message.. works fine on 7940/60/70 phones, but not on the 7912.

As I can't find any official documentation on the existance of that feature on even the 7940 phones (the only reference I can find at all is one example in the SDK), I can't tell if it is meant to be there or not.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

lhelsen
Level 1
Level 1

The object CiscoIpPhoneImage is not (yet I suppose) supported on the 7905/7912

This information comes with the SDK and can be found in the file ipvs334.pdf

If you install the SDK on your PC, you will find this PDF

@lhelsen: I think you got it backwards.. it's not about showing images on the phone, it's about getting a screenshot from the phone (it's a gif file on the 7940/60 - and PNG on the 7970).

Since the URL doesn't work I suppose it has not been implemented (yet).

Actually, I think he has got it right.. the remote screenshot on the 40/60 is returned as a CiscoIPPhoneImage, so if it doesn't support that object as part of an XML document, it probably can't return one either.

I'm in the unfortunate position that we're about to roll out about 1500 phones and don't have budget for the 7940, so we're having to go with the 7912's instead, which are fine as phones go, but lack the features, such as the remote screenshot, that administrators/developers find useful.

I'd be very careful with "such as the remote screenshot, that administrators/developers find useful." especially when it comes to admins. Often, without explicit consent of the employee, this is considered unlawful monitoring and could potentially get you into a nasty lawsuit. So better check with legal first before you take any snapshots.

Valid point.. and I've restricted access to the tool I wrote that provides remote control to the telephone admin staff for just that reason.

It has definitely cut down on fault resolution time since we've been able to see what the user is seeing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: