cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending digits through router

dnehoda25
Level 1
Level 1

I have 17 sites that are setup with E&M cards in 1750 routers. It works great except the user has to hit x50 to get to the auto attendant. Is there anyway to have the router send these digits so it is transparent to the user and would automatically take them to the auto attendant.

4 Replies 4

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Give me an example of your router config and the exact implementation and I will try see if we can do anything for you.

Thank you,

-Mckee

dial-peer voice 016 voip

destination-pattern 016

session target ipv4:10.97.1.1

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp

so the user hits 6 to get dial tone, instead of 9, then dials 016 to get to the remote site. This is where another dial tone is received and the user has to push 50. I have another 50 sites on FXS cards that go right into the auto attendant because they use different trunks on the PBX. In this case though I want to be able to send the digits automatically on the second dial tone.

mjungman
Level 1
Level 1

Try using the following;

On the POTs side of the connection;

(global)

num-exp 016 016,50

(POTs peer)

destination-pattern 016.

forward-digits extra

With the Num-exp 016,50 the original 016 dialed will be expanded to 016,50 and matched to a peer, The 016 will match the destination pattern (016.) and cause the E&M peer to accept and setup the call, then the (,) provides 1~1.5 sec delay - for call setup to complete - after which the 50 is outpulsed blind to the PBX. This works for routing on FXO's, it should work for E&M's also. You may not need the delay, you will have to test it and see.

You can also do all the num-exp at the central site and change the destination-patterns (add a dot (.))on both the voip and pots peers along with the forward digits extra on the POTs, if you prefer a more centralized administration.

That completely solved my problem. Thanks a ton. I have Voice over IP now at over 70 locations nationwide. Thank you